17 October, 2011

A letter to Ms DeWit

One of my neighbours has penned the following letter to Councillor Margaret DeWit.....










Margaret de Wit
Chairperson
Infrastructure Committee

Dear Margaret

Your letter does contain one accurate assessment, I am very disappointed with the result of Council investigation into our petition regarding road safety in Normanby Terrace.

I would also say that I am very frustrated at the series of letters from your office which failed to grasp the issues we raised.

Further, I am appalled at your refusal to meet with me to rectify your misconceptions about conditions in our street. The decision handed down by Council is based on incorrect information and erroneous judgements.

You are liable to be held responsible, along with Council, for any injuries or damage caused by the issues we have raised as you have failed in your duty of care to residents.

This matter has been referred to the Co-ordinator of the Normanby Action Group to make further representations on behalf of residents and pedestrians and cyclists diverted from the closed bikepath due to the Legacy Way tunnel.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment