Date: Tuesday 20 November 2012
Time: 5:30 for 6:00pm start
Where: Engineering House, 447 Upper Edward Street, Brisbane
Speaker: Lawrie Wade - Department of Environment and Heritage Protection.
The Environmental Protection (Greentape Reduction) and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2012 (Greentape Reduction Act) primarily amends the licensing framework under the EP Act and will come into force on 31 March 2013. It aims to streamline, integrate and coordinate regulatory requirements under the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act) without compromising environmental outcomes.
This presentation will cover what the proposed changes mean to those who currently undertaken an Environmentally Relevant Activity (ERA) and/or those that will be involved in applying for a new ERA Approval.
This will include:
- How the Greentape Reduction Act will impact on the licensing framework under the EP Act.
- The impact the Greentape Reduction project on regulatory standards and environmental outcomes.
- A description of the new approval process.
- Including standard, variation and site specific applications and how mobile and temporary activities will be affected.
- Suitable Operators
- Which activities the new approval process applies to.
- Transitioning into the new system.
- Managing your environmental authority Auditors framework
The presentation will be followed by a discussion where comments and questions from attendees will be welcomed.
This presentation will count as one hour EA CPD
To REGISTER go to the Engineers Australia Qld Division Event Listing.
PLEASE NOTE that SSEE can only accept credit card registrations at the door.
Please register online before attending if possible. For registration enquiries please contact QLD Division on 07 3832 3749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org